giovedì 12 marzo 2009

Back to the drawing board

Why, oh why, did I write that last post so full of expectations and hopes. On Tuesday I went back to the athletic track for the weekly training session with the team. After warming up and having performed a whole lot of plyometric exercises on the steps of the stands (admittedly quite a bit more than a week ago) I had planned to put in a series of 8 x 800m at a speed of about 3'20" (remember last week I had done 6 x 800m at 3' 30" and one at 3' flat) which would have shown me that I was improving my base speed and endurance and actually getting back into form. Two of my friends were also doing the same workout so I decided to tag along with them, especially since I knew that one of them is generally quite a bit slower than me (when I'm in form anyway). The first 800m came in at 3' 14" and I knew I was in trouble - I could hardly keep up the pace. So I decided to let them go and do my own thing. Depression rules OK. Feeling very down with myself I did the rest of the workouts starting with a 3' 35" and trying to make each one a little faster than the one before. To be honest the last one came in at 3' 18" and all of the last three came in under 3' 30" so it wasn't that bad.
In any case I am not feeling as confident as I was a week ago.
Let' see what the rest of the week brings.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails